I made this purchase after viewing THIS video on Glamours site. I am a sucker for a smokey eye, and to be honest I have probably already got an identical colour to this laying around gathering dust somewhere, but I couldn't help myself.

The shade 'Night Jewel' available from the Rimmel Glam eyes mono range, is perfect for the Christmas season as it has a touch of sparkle but not too much.

Swatched lightly with my finger, at first glance the colour pay off didn't really impress me. But when applied with a brush its a totally different story.
The colour is much deeper, and to be honest these pictures don't really do it justice. The deep metallic tone is perfect for those who may find black too harsh. I have slightly exaggerated the look so my annoying camera would pick it up,but when done subtly it gives such a nice definition to the eyes, especially if they are light in colour like mine.


How to achieve the look

1.Simply pat the eyeshadow all over the lid using an eyeshadow brush, the more you pack on the deeper the colour.

2. Then blend out the edges using a blending brush ( anything small and fluffy will do)

That's it, your done!

Rimmel eyeshadow RRP £4.49 - Superdrug/Boots and Savers

Are any of you a lover of a smokey eye?