This post is for the lovers of fake tan but ESPECIALLY for people who have fairer skin that long to tan but can never find one that one special bottle that gives them that holiday glow.

Unreal Tannings story.....

Laura Hawthorne and her mother set up Unreal Tanning in 2009. They were extremely pale skinned and were fed up of not being able to tan in the sun (They have a family history of skin cancer) and being orange every time they attempted a fake tan! So they travelled out to America at the start of 2009 and met with a great team of skincare product technicians. They wanted to create a brand that advocated sun damage awareness as well as skincare advice (They have an educational ethos). All their products contain Eco-cert DHA (the ingredient that temporarily dyes the skin) and they never use alcohols, petrochemicals, parabens or artificial fragrances or colourants in their products, making everything suitable for people with sensitive skin!

Now even though I am mixed, I am also ridiculously pale so im not impartial to a bit of tan now and again. I have used enough different tanning products over the years to know whats a hit and whats a miss in my books. So rather than rambling on, i'll get onto the nitty gritty of what we really want to know.

The Body Buff...
Personally I am a tad fussy when it comes to body scrubs, I need the scrub on my skin otherwise I don't feel like its working. I would say that this scrub has a medium scrub factor, its not overly scratchy but you an feel it. It also smells divine as it contains Mango, Shea and Coconut which leaves skin soft and hydrated ready for tanning. Another plus is that although it contains these moisturising ingredients, it doesn't leave an oily residue behind. 

The Tanner
This tanner is a mist with a difference. Once misted onto skin the consistency almost changes into a light gel which I liked because it was easier to distribute than your standard tanning mist.

The smell.... On a scale of 1-10 1 being no smell at all and 10 being full on biscuit fake tan smell, I would give this a 4. Its not overpowering at all and if im honest you can really smell the tanner, its more of an aloe vera scent that you can smell.

The colour... I think you will all agree with me when I say that the colour is pretty darn good. A true golden glow that we all want from a fake tan. I even waited a day and applied another layer and the colour still ticked all my boxes.

How long it lasted... The tan itself lasted about a week in full and kept its original deep colour for about 4 days before it started to fade. 

The fade... So that I could test the power of this tan to full effect, I let it fade without exfoliating my skin. After about 4 days the colour started to lightly fade. The tan faded nicely until about day 6 when I had to get the scrub out.  

Overall view...
This tanner has made its way into my top 5. Its easy to apply, it doesn't stink and the colour is everything I would want it to be. At £17.50 its not the cheapest but It is worth it.

You can find out more about Unreal products HERE and if I have left  anything out feel free to leave your questions in the comments.

.x